The Data principles are:
1. Obtain and process information fairly.
2. Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes.
3. Use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes,
4. Keep it safe and secure.
5. Keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date.
6. Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
7. Retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes.
8. Give a copy of his/her personal data to than individual, on request.
Our Privacy Statement is a public declaration of how our organisation applies the data protection principles to data processed on our website.
Castle Garden Supplies is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent about how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a customer.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Castle Garden Supplies in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
• Castle Garden Supplies
• Kells Road, Oldcastle, County Meath
• When we refer to ‘we’ it is Castle Garden Supplies
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
We are a Garden Supplies Company based in Oldcastle in County Meath.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
Why we collect your Information ?
We collect and retain two types of information Non-personal data
We gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our site. This non-personal data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our site.
We sell Garden Supplies and we collect your information in order to provide you with our service. We will only use this information to provide you with our service and we will not retain this information for longer than necessary to provide this service.
How we collect your information?
• We will collect your information through the Contact form on our website
o A copy of your enquiry is stored in our site database for a period of 15 days.
o The original is sent by email, this is sent via TLS (Transport Layer Security) for higher security
o This email will only be retained for a long as it is necessary to provide the service requested.
Purpose for processing your data
1. When using our contact form(s) you will be asked to enter information such as your name and contact details. We use these details to assess your request and may use the data to contact you for further information or answer your request. When using our contact form the information you submit is stored in our website database (encrypted) as a back-up for a period of 15 days after which it is deleted automatically. The original enquiry is sent to our office by e-mail and falls under our e-mail retention policy.
2. Should you request a quote your details will be added and stored in our CRM. It will be deleted after a retention period of 6 months once we receive an answer from you.
3. Customer details will be stored in our CRM for the purposes of liaising with you and will be stored for as long as you are a customer with us.
4. We have taken extra steps to ensure the data you provide us is dealt with in a safe manner:
a. Our website is hosted on SSL (secure socket layer) which means communications between the site and the server are fully encrypted i.e. when you submit a contact form.
b. E-mails sent to us by the website are sent via TLS (Transport Layer Security)
c. Statistics: from time to time we use statistics on the website which provide us with essential information such as most visited pages, where users are coming from i.e. search engines, links etc. These are set up to NOT track your full IP address and therefore do not store personal data.
Please note that:
Our website is hosted in Ireland
Our e-mails are hosted within the EU
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to provide you with quotations or for the purpose of general enquiries Castle Garden Supplies need to collect personal data. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
• Your details are required in order for us to contact you back and provide you with information you have requested.
• In the event of a quote request, the details entered will be used to provide you with a quote and possible subsequent follow up in regards to your request.
In any event, Castle Garden Suppies is committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Castle Garden Supplies use the personal data it collects about me?
Castle Garden Supplies will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
In the case of enquiries we do not share your data.
In the event where you would become a customer we may pass your personal data to third-party service providers contracted to Castle Garden Supplies in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Castle Garden Supplies procedures.
The third parties that we may pass your personal data to are:
• Service providers who provide us with services necessary to comply with our obligations towards you. For instance:
• Services in connection with the dispatch and delivery of goods (e.g. couriers / shipping companies, postal services);
• IT services and security;
• Providers of telecommunications, records/data storage, market research and making and receiving financial payments.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
Castle Garden Supplies facilitate you, our customers, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
• Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to erasure: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: in the event that Castle Garden Supplies refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Castle Garden Supplies will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Castle Garden Supplies or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Caslte Garden Supplies data protection representatives GDPR Owner.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. Any updates will be made available to you and we will not use your existing information in a manner not previously disclosed.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.
But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.